Interview with Amanda Smith, Chief Academic Officer, Academic Partnerships, and Maria Andersen, General Manager of Coursetune.
This special COVID-Converted Edition audio and video podcast series responds to the impact of COVID-19 on the way we live, learn, and work. Teachers all over the world have been thrown into teaching their "COVID-Converted" courses online. This series will focus on moving from this emergency remote teaching and learning to more thoughtfully prepared learning experiences. COVID is reshaping curriculum design and attitudes about online learning.
Podsafe music selection
Academic Partners is "an online facilitator that assists public institutions of higher education in taking their academic programs online and recruits and retains qualified students through program completion. Coursetune helps institutions improve course and program design by focusing on mapping and assessment alignment." We discuss:
- Amanda and Maria's background
- Overview of Coursetune, an elegant visual course planning tool
- Academic Partnerships' role
- Growth of online programs
- Need for change in curriculum design
- Release of Courseplan ("Coursetune light")
- AP Off Campus toolkit to move instruction from classroom to online
- Critical outcomes alignment and support
- Faculty training
- Role of instructional designers
- Challenge of short term vs. long term thinking
- Integration with the LMS
- New features on the way: "variation layers"
- Wonderful Day by Debbie Poryes Trio - Jazz Pianist, Composer, Teacher & Vocalist