This special COVID-Converted Edition audio and video podcast series is in response to the impact of COVID-19 on the way we live, learn and work. Teachers all over the world have been thrown into teaching their "COVID-Converted" courses online. This series will focus on moving from this emergency remote teaching and learning to more thoughtfully prepared online learning experiences.
This episode is an interview with Gary Dietz and Shannon Forte, partners in a new venture to bring teachers affordable, practical techniques to engage learners and deliver effective online instruction. We discuss their Workshop including:
|Open Video Podcast on Youtube|
- Presenter backgrounds
- Need for workshops to teach instructors
- Intended audiences for these workshops
- Activities used in the workshop and taught
- Sensorial approaches using music, sound, drawing
- Use of video in place of "talking heads"
- Using private chat to manage classroom
- Advantages of online over physical classroom
- Overcoming obstacles for teachers new to online
- Register for the PADLA Online Workshop: Actionable Tips and Tricks to Teach Online in Real Time
- Presenters: Gary Dietz and Shannon Forte
Podsafe Music Selection:
- Twinkle in the Night by Aakash Gandhi